Saturday, November 29, 2008

Connections...

So back a few posts Annabelle mentioned connections and/or connecting with people. I have come to realize that I very much need the connection. There is a time and a place for no names to be exchanged and some anonymity...but for the most part I need to feel a connection with someone.

Example #1: There is one guy I have been seeing who is not much for talking. Hell, we could be strangers who meet at a local motel and don't speak (unless told to speak) the entire time. It's ok and serves its purpose, but the connection is lacking.

Example #2: There is Joe. Good Ol' Joe. He is a peach. Asks about my kids, my job, ME! Even if he could give a flying fig about my response, HE ASKS and pretends to care! He has no idea how many points this scores him! He is hot as hell, charming, sweet, spoils me rotten, and even if sex sucked (which it TOTALLY doesn't) I would continue to see him because he makes me smile. He comes to town once or twice a month, we have a great time and that's that. But there is a connection on some level.

Example #3: There is this guy. Where do I begin... We have virtually nothing in common. Complete push and pull (more me pushing) relationship. But the physical connection is one I have yet to match. So passionate and intense in the moment. For the most part, I literally cannot stand how cocky this person is and/or their need to control EVERY situation, but I find myself missing THAT connection (not the person per se). This person could get me to go places I never thought of going and I didn't even give it a second thought. It came so naturally. As per usual, I got all fucking 'needy' and this relationship (or whatever you want to call it) is no longer an option. But I do find myself reminding myself from time to time that this connection is the one I seek.

I need to not lose sight of how important CONNECTING with someone is. It is the best part of being intimate. Even if the connection is only physical. Wait for it...here it comes...the cheesy chic B/S...but you can completely see into someones soul when you look into their eyes. I truly believe that. I may be a romantic sappy girl at heart, but there is something about looking into someones eyes during the most passionate of moments, and no matter how guarded they are, you see it ALL!

-Abi

So much new music out there catching my ear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yff9nCctMkg

No comments: