Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Abi's Intro

Oh where to start......

Finding Annabelle is probably the best thing to ever happen to me. It all started on a web board I'd say 6ish years ago when two women met under horrific circumstances....Infertility. Through that a bond between "sisters" was born.

We have shared so many ups and downs, it seems only logical that we would be on this journey together as well. This past year I have come to know, love and trust this woman with my life. There isn't anything I feel I could not or have not shared with her....and never once has she sat in judgment of what most would call my appalling behavior!

Although we are on this 'possibly poly'/non-monogamous journey together, our marital situation differ quite a bit. See Annabelle has a supportive, loving, for the most part happy marriage. I,on the other hand, do not. Although I (Abi) am currently working on my marriage, I have always told myself that the reason I do "step out" of my marriage is because I am unhappy in my marriage. It has only been recently that I have started to question if that is the real reason, or just something I was telling myself to feel less guilty? You see when I stop and think if my marriage was a happy one, I think I would still be "stepping out"......

You see that 'conventional box' that is a monogamous marriage, I just don't think is meant for me. Does this make me a bad person? Does this mean I don't deserve to have a family (i.e husband and kids)? Should I chose not to be married? How do you stay married and either live with or not have any guilt when you look into your spouses eyes knowing monogamy is what they signed up for? And so the journey begins.......

-Abi

No comments: