Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dropping my poly bomb

I'm blogging an update tonight, borrowed from my post on a support group for poly people with mono partners. AMAZING group, so glad to have found them.
So here it is...

Hello All!
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend. Been excited today to come here and tell you all that I dipped the teeny-tiny-tippy-tip edge of my teeny-tiny pinky toe in the conversational water today! YEA ME ! Well, yesterday, actually. Don't honestly remember what husband and I were chatting about at the time. We have a running joke about him running away with one of the sales reps that visits his office on a regular basis. I made another joke about her, he took it to the next level and I said, "well, as long as you/she got the OK from me first......". He just sort of smiled. I'd imagine he had NO INKLING that I was completely serious :) So today, we're at a party and this super attractive man (husb of the best friend of our host) walked out of the room and I said to my husband, "HOW hot is he!" My husband made a joke "Oh, so that's why you're bending seductively over the kitchen counter (I was leaning on my elblows, cutting food into little pieces for the kids) flashing your business". He and I have always been able to joke like this, ribbing one another when we notice one of us noticing someone else. :)

Neither one of us has ever acted/felt jealous or threatened. I always say, to my husband and to others, that I LIKE when my husband talks to women or if they approach him. Just makes me appreciate how great he is. Anyway, after the kids wer e down I put Swingtown on Tivo and asked him to join me. He watched and he mentioned that it had "kept his interest". I'm wondering if he's mentally connecting the dots?????? I feel glad/relieved to have started mentioning this stuff to him. VERY RELIEVED. I'm sure it's just my conscience trying to alleviate guilt, but who knows.

On another note, I've been corresponding with a new friend I met a couple of weeks ago. He's also in a commited relationship but wanting to explore polyamory. He was feeling a LOT of guilt about chatting with me without his partner knowing about me so we're putting our friendship on hold for now. I told him to file me away under "future".......{{sigh}} ....with fingers (and toes) constantly crossed.....

-annabelle

No comments: