Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend come and gone...

I just wanted to drop a little update about the wedding I attended this weekend. My husband stayed home with the kids and yes, it was an Italian family wedding.

As soon as I got there I saw 'the cousin' and immediately began avoiding him like the plague!!!! I made it half way through the night until he finally caught up to me at the bar. He grabbed me and gave me a hug. At this point I am completely blushing and feeling like a total stump, then he asked why I hadn't said hello yet? My response, 'because I have been trying to avoid you for fear of making myself look anymore like an idiot or possibly saying anything else inappropriate'. He laughed and told me to get over it, that it was no big deal, he hadn't said anything to anyone and still doesn't plan to.

We ended up chatting about my dysfunctional marriage for the next hour or so, and I was told by my sister in law that had we been talking any closer we may have well as been making out. Hey it was loud in there!!! lol But it was great to be able to talk about all the crap on my plate lately.....especially to another male Italian....and guess what, they are not all crazy controling stumps like my husband.

I did have to let him know though, that when i got there I got stuck talking to his wife for about half an hour and I wanted to throw up the enitre time! I felt so horrid!

So there it is...all went well!

-Abi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

luckily Abi has an occasionally level-headed best friend that can talk her down on the most treacherous of ledges....whew, THAT was a close one......