Monday, October 6, 2008

Interesting Saturday Night

Where to start? It started out with drinks with the girls at the bowling alley at 6:00, and by 6:30 I was half in the bag. I know, suprise suprise!!!

Then one of my GF's and I left to go to a brewery and guess what, it was October Fest. Lucky us! And then, I ran into an ex who I had unresolved issues with and its been, ummm lets see...4 or so years since we saw each other last. Needless to say it was horridly uncomfortable, small talked ensued and as my GF's and I were leaving we had a semi-awkward hug. But the best thing about it was that I FELT NOTHING! Completely over him! WOOO HOOO! I cannot explain to you how freeing that is. He is THE ONE....everyone has that one...the one who got away...or the one with whom things ended badly and you have been dying to see them again and be the bigger person (which by the way I totally was). And I looked fantastic (yes tooting my own horn). It was an amazing feeling to walk away and finally be ok with walking away! Yea me!!!!

Okay enough about that. So we left the brewery and met up with the rest of the girls at an Irish Pub up the street and I continued my sprial into complete intoxication. By 11:00 I was completely wasted and after going out side to get some fresh air and make a phone call (which never should have been made), I had to switch to water because when I finally came back in and sat down to take a break from the dance floor the room was spinning. I literally had a straw in a PITCHER of water. It is the only thing that saved me from not passing out in our booth or puking my guts out. Needless to say I spent the rest of the night on the dance floor in my own little world having a fantastic time. Oh and LOTS OF CUTE BOYS to dance with! However, it was so hot and muggy in there that I had sweat dripping from the back of my hair. I think I did mention somewhere in one of my posts that I love music and that I love to dance. We closed the bar down and I headed home (after stopping for some all important Taco Bell...lol)!

All in all it was a very bizarre, yet eye opening evening. Even drunk me sees people for who they truly are, as well as realizing I am not the person I want to be and/or like to be when I drink that much! At one point there were some (ok alot) of text messages exchanged with a 'friend' which should never have been sent or replied to. Just horrible all around. Seriously, someone needs to confiscate my phone after the first drink because I always end up doing stupid shit I regret in the morning. However, I also feel that sometimes you just gotta put it out there and not worry about the consequences. Ask for what you want and say what you mean. I think on both counts on both sides that was pretty well taken care of. I guess maybe from now on, just to play it safe, I think I'll leave me cell in the car...maybe even at home.

-Abi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...or maybe Annabelle can take my cell phone and SHOVE IT UP MY BUTT before I go out on weekends so I don't drink and dial. only cuz she loves you :)